Below are some tips on staying safe and getting the most out of your candle.
Getting the most out of your Albion Candle Co. candle
Burn for a min. 2 hours and a max. 4 hours
This allows the wax to burn evenly and the scent to take hold. Burning for longer can cause carbon to collect in the wick making it 'mushroom' and the flame to become smoky - not pretty!
Trim that wick and keep it clean!
Remove any debris from the wax pool. We recommend trimming the wick each time to about 5mm as a longer wick can cause uneven burning. If you regularly trim your wick you can also get much more burn time out of your candle - winner!
Give it a nice home
Candles love cool, dark, dry places to hide out when you're not enjoying them. Ideally keep the lid on to avoid any dust or debris sneaking in, this also protects the wax and fragrance for longer.
Reuse or Recycle
We want to help you reduce your single usage of candle jars.
We are currently working on a recycle scheme but for now, keep it safe and ready to return to us or simply upcycle for a new purpose. This can be anything from a toothbrush holder, stationery box, or coffee and tea holder.
Basically, don't throw it away!
- Don't touch the jar straight after burning, it can get hot.
- Don't burn the candle all the way down to the bottom, this could potentially crack the glass.
- Always put candles on a heat resistant surface. Be especially careful with night lights and tea lights, which get hot enough to melt plastic. TVs are not fire-resistant objects
- Position them away from curtains. Don’t put candles near curtains or other fabrics – or furniture. And keep them out of draughts
- Don’t put them under shelves. It’s easy to forget that there’s a lot of heat above a burning candle. If you put it under a shelf or other surface then it can burn the surface. Make sure there’s at least three feet (one metre) between a candle and any surface above it
- Keep clothes and hair away. If there’s any chance you could lean across a candle and forget it’s there, put it somewhere else. You don’t want to set fire to your clothes or your hair
- Keep children and pets away. Candles should be out of reach of children and pets
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least four inches (10cm) between two burning candles
- Don’t move them when they’re burning. Extinguish candles before moving them. Also, don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks
- Don’t leave them burning. Extinguish candles before you leave a room. Never go to sleep with a candle still burning. And never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom
- Use a snuffer or a spoon to put them out. It’s safer than blowing them, which can send sparks and hot wax flying
- Double check they’re out. Candles that have been put out can go on smouldering and start a fire. Make sure they’re completely out.